Six Tips for Outdoor Weddings in Wellington
Planning an outdoor wedding in Wellington offers you a huge range of options.
Do you want a setting in nature, beside the sea, at your home (or my garden), or a prestigious location in the wonderful city of Wellington? The choice is endless!
A few words of advice:
1) Always, yes always, have a back-up plan in case the weather prohibits you from having an outdoor wedding. Both your indoor and outdoor locations need to be included in your marriage license application.
2) Visit the location in the season you want to be married before you make your final decision and check what impact weather conditions could have on your day - especially Wellington's wind!
3) Check location for privacy - particularly if its a popular beach for families. Look for quiet spots even in busy places and what the backdrop and outlook is.
4) Always check with Wellington City Council if you need a permit to hold your wedding in your chosen location. Some locations require not only a permit, but also a fee. Having a permit, means you have permission to hold your ceremony exactly where you want it. Visit www.wellington.govt.nz
5) You can have your wedding at your chosen outdoor location, then make your way to different locations for your photos and reception celebration.
6) Talk to your ME about outdoor locations I recommend or those that I know of.
Wellington offers such a diverse range of stunning natural backdrops for your celebration so let's chat about whether you want my Registry, Petite or Boutique wedding package - together, we can make it happen!